Creak over Bumps

I just had the rear shocks replaced on my 02 Santa Fe. Yet there is still creaking coming from the rear going over bumps or dips in the road.

Could it be suspension bushings, or maybe something else? I've spent a lot recently on repairs, so hoping not to have to spend too much more!!

Thanks for any help offered.

Reply to
eoindeb

Usually, this is caused by the rear trailing arm bushings. If you can put up with the noise, it's a non-issue.

Reply to
hyundaitech

my 06 Santa Fe does the same thing.... should it be a concern on a newer vehicle????

Reply to
Pete & Cindy

The noise is no more of a concern, but the advantage with an '06 is that you can get it fixed for free. If you don't like the noise, take it in.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Maybe someone will come up with the anser. Their was something about a rubber bushing that was changed on spring mount or something. SOmething about the noise being more prevelant on the Heaver duty 6 cyl models

Reply to
sqdancerLynn

I believe you're thinking of the '06-'07 Sonatas, not the Santa Fe.

Reply to
hyundaitech

I did , they told me not to worry about it.. but its loud enough that people turn and look to see what the nosie is when ya go over a speed bump.. or just entering or exiting the vehicle...

Reply to
Pete & Cindy

Let's see. You took the vehicle in to the dealer with a legitimate problem and were told to not worry about it. Here's your options:

  1. Call the dealer and speak to the service manager. Make it clear that you intend to spend zero money there if they cannot demonstrate within the warranty period that they're capable of fixing your vehicle. My take: "Failure to fix my vehicle within the warranty period is one thing, but don't expect me to pay for this privilege." This will be especially effective if you've been a good customer at this dealer.

  1. Find another dealer who cares more about meeting their obligations than being too busy with other work to car about actually putting effort into finding and repairing your noise.

  2. Call Hyundai Customer Assistance (800-633-5151) and ask them why the dealer is refusing to repair your vehicle.
Reply to
hyundaitech