Does anyone know where there are alot of Hyundais in Salvage Yards across the nation ?

I need to find a 2002-2004 Hyundai SantaFe FWD, 6 cyl. and strip a Wheel Hub SPeed Sensor from it in order to get my trouble indicator light to go off. Ive checked with local Dealers and they want well over $200 for this tiny simple sensor. Please advise. Thanks.

Reply to
ilbebauck

You can do a search at

but expect several problems:

  1. The junk yard will not want to sell you the sensor alone.
  2. You will need to buy the entire steering knuckle to get the sensor.
  3. If you find a you-pull-it junk yard, you're likely to not be able to get the sensor out of the knuckle without damaging the sensor. This is especially true of a vehicle that's been sitting in a junk yard rusting away.
Reply to
hyundaitech

What does this do to sales of after-market wheels ?

I've seeen some pretty nice ones at the tire store, but I'm put off by the whole "pressure sensor" hassle....

Reply to
Anonymous

Right, and you won't know until you've installed it if it works at all, and if it does, it's about the same age as the one that failed....

Can you buy it somewhere new? Rock Auto has sensors for ABS for $75-100.

No affiliation other than satisfied customer. Try any local auto parts places that may exist. Junkyards are great for some things, but this wouldn't be my first choice for this problem.

PB

Reply to
Plague Boy

works at all,

BS for $75-100.

Ill try Rock Auto . Thanks. I dont have ABS on the SUV so i think this wheel hub speed sensor I need is hooked up to the computer as an input sensor .

Reply to
ilbebauck

it works at all,

ABS for $75-100.

Indeed, Dave. This provides vehicle speed and misfire monitoring information to the ECM.

Reply to
hyundaitech