dome light not working, XG300

2 questions:

1) How do you replace the dome light bulbs? There are two in a small pannel on the ceiling that also has two switches for the sunroof, two on/off switches for the dome lights, and a selector switch that allows you to select whether the dome lights are off, on, or on when a door is open. I was told that the plastic cover just "pops off" but I've pryed about as hard as I dare and it doesn't seem to be comming apart...I don't want to break it.

2) What else would I check, as I really don't think its both bulbs. Other bulbs on the fuse work, so its not the fuse. The selector switch might do it, broken it the "off" position - I'll check when I get the thing apart. I've observed that the bulbs use to "fade" out when they shut off and there was a delay between closing the door and the bulb going out, so either there is an elaborate circuit somewhere or the computer is controlling this. Anybody seen this failure before?

Thanks

Dan

Reply to
Dan Kuechle

I've not seen any problems with the fade timer. If the lamps won't turn on when the switch is in the on position, you've eliminated that anyway. I've seen a few defective switches (requiring lamp replacement), but most of the time, the bulbs were burned out.

To access the bulbs, I beleive the lens pries off. Typically, if you look closely, there's a small indentation where you can insert a small screwdriver to pop the retaining tabs of the lens loose from the lamp.

Reply to
hyundaitech