Elantra 5 door

Hi! Am coming off of a 4 year lease on an Elantra VE 4 door and with current interest rates am contemplating buying a new 5 door. I looked at the Tuscon but don't really need a suv body style although I like the traction control and esp etc. Any comments on the 5 door?

2# The GT comes with a sun roof never had one so is it valuable? 3# This has the cvvt engine again any comments?

Thanks Al

Reply to
al
  1. I don't think there's anything to say about the 5-door that isn't obvious.

  1. The sunroof is valuable only if you would like another place for light and air to enter the vehicle above your head. It will subtract about 5cm headroom.

  2. The cvvt engine has been as reliable as the non cvvt as far as I can tell, but it's only been available in the U.S. since 2003 and is very scarce in my area of the country until 2004, so my experience is limited. The cvvt mechanism is controlled by oil pressure, so be sure to change your oil regularly to prevent cvvt problems.

In the U.S., the Elantra is available with tcs, but I don't believe the vehicle stability option is available.

Reply to
hyundaitech