ESC light came on 2008 Santa Fe

My SUV has 88,000 miles. ESC light came on and car slowed down and would not speed up. Turned car off and ESC light went off and car ran fine. This has happened several times. Brake light switch was replaced by dealer due to recall campaign. ESC light issue started again after a month and I replaced brake light switch myself with after market. A month later ESc light issue started again and again I replaced brake light switch with dealer part. Issue is still ongoing off and on. Do you have any idea what could be causing the ESC light to come on and off?

Reply to
sagarcia

Ed Pawlowski

Thanks Ed,

Here are the codes:

P2135 throttle/pedal position sensors/switch P2106 Electronic throttle control ETC malfunction limited power P1295 Electronic throttle control ETC malfunction Power mgmt P2135 throttle/pedal position sensors/switch P2106 Electronic throttle control ETC malfunction limited power P1295 Electronic throttle control ETC malfunction Power mgmt

When this happened the first time I did change out the throttle sensor and installed it in the exact position as when removed. Could it be the pedal sensor? Can I just change out the sensor or do I have to buy the whole pedal and sensor combined?

Reply to
sagarcia

These codes are not referring to the pedal position sensor, but rather the throttle sensor on the throttle body. Technical service bulletin indicates throttle sensor should be replaced and ECM updated to latest software (if i t doesn't already have the latest software). My recommendation on this one is to take to the dealer.

Reply to
hyundaitech