Fuel Door Release in 2004 Sonota

My girl friend's Sonata's fuel door release stoped working. you push the button on the door an nothing happens. I assume its not the fuse becasue i think the fuse also controls the trunk release and that works fine. I tried to investigate the problem on HMA.com but it was...... confusing. Anyone experienced this? is there a relatively easy fix?

-- Message posted using

information at

paxfaux

Usually, the problem is with the switch, especially if you don't hear the solenoid click then the button is pulled. The fuel door and trunk release are indeed powered from the same source, so the problem is not the fuse as you have surmised. If it has under 60,000 miles, take it to the dealer for warranty repair.

-- Message posted using

information at

hyundaitech

Warranty repair!? - LOL - good one!

Reply to
Michael

so if the problem is the switch then getting a new switch and wiring it in would solve the problem?

-- Message posted using

information at

paxfaux