Hyundai Door diagram: Lock

My next project on my 2001 Accent will be installing a drivers door. I have a 3 door hatchback, a passerby in the oncoming traffic lane hit my door which was opened while I was pouring out a cup of coffee. I was at a red light stopped and the person behind me decided she was not going to wait to take the next left unfortunatly at the same time I decided to pour out my coffee.

So,..my door is trash, yesterday I closed it and it has not opened since. I took off the door panel earlier because of problems.

I can see the components inside the door but it would be great to look at some diagram showing what is going on when the door goes into opening mode.

I am buying a drivers side door at a local used car parts yard Saturday so I need to get the door open.

There is no connection from the latch outside the car but inside the lock and the lever seem to be connected.

The door still does not open no matter what I do. Any diagrams avialable?

I looked here but can not find anything,

Thanks

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Duggan

I know of no diagram, but since you already have the trim panel off, follow the linkages from the lock knob and handle to the latch. Basically, keep moving things around on the latch until you get it to open. It's possible you may need to use a significant amount of force on the door, depending on what was bent.

-- Message posted using

information at

hyundaitech