Hand brake

How many times should the hand brake lever click when pulled using reasonable force? I know that Toyota manual recommends between 5 and 8 clicks. Is there any recommendation for Sonata GL 2006?

Reply to
praf

I know of no specific Hyundai recommendation. I like to be able to feel the shoes actually begin to provide some friction about the second click or so. That way I know it's reasonably tight and that the shoes aren't rubbing when the brake handle is all the way down. Then I don't really worry about where the handle ends up when fully engaged. That'll be wherever is necessary to provide enough force to keep the car from rolling.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Thanks, actually I was having that kind of problem (the shoe rubbing). How do you adjust the position of the shoes?

Reply to
praf

The easiest way do adjust is probably to adjust the parking brake cable. If you're under 1 year and 12k miles, there's an even easier way. Just take it in for warranty service.

Reply to
hyundaitech