Land Rover 110 (1986) UK Spec Hand Brake Switch

Hi,

In the past my hand brake light used to work as it should but of late it hasn't, I have swapped the bulb for a known item, so today I have been searching for the hand brake switch, for the life of me I'm unable to find any trace of it, no wires coming from the lever etc, I see from the parts catalogue that the Australia spec model has a switch mounted on the lever, please could someone in the know advise me where it is located, many thanks.

Reply to
Graham LR110

I'm not in my 110 at the moment so can't look for you, but the switch is on the left hand side of my hand brake lever.

You can see the signal wire in the following picture from when I converted to a disk hand brake

Colin

Colin Reed

Hi Colin,

Thanks for the photo and info, but my 110 dosent have a switch or any electrial wires connected to the hand brake lever.

Reply to
Graham LR110

Have you looked behind the gaiter? Having unhitched the gaiter you should get a view of the lever pivot area and the switch is close by. (If it hasn't lost its fixings and dropped off!)

Reply to
Dougal

Have you looked behind the gaiter? Having unhitched the gaiter you should get a view of the lever pivot area and the switch is close by. (If it hasn't lost its fixings and dropped off!)

Reply to
Dougal

My 93 110 is the same, despite having two(!) warning lights on the dashboard for the handbrake, the lever has no microswitch and neither actually work. Someday I'll do something about it...

Reply to
Andrew Cleland