headlight lens

my 2004 elantra headlight lens has clouded, I spoke to zone rep and he said it needed to be wet sanded because of buildup of dirt. It did clear lens and I will make sure to clean regularly Is there any special headlight lens cleaner anyone use?

Reply to
mike

If I am not mistaken, what you need is a "glazing compound," available from most auto parts stores.

It seems to do the job nicely.

Reply to
Rev. Tom Wenndt

"Rev. Tom Wenndt" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@enews1.newsguy.com:

Or this will work too. Just a link to a kit, you can just use the #2 bottle for polishing any plastic to a clear shine unless there are very deep scratches. Many vendors carry it. Highly recommened.

Reply to
unkadunk

Cheap and effective first wipe lens with wet sponge of vinegar leave wet then quickly old newspaper with Bicarbonate of soda

Or to polish out scratches CORN flour takes a wee while but is safe on Aircraft screens and bubbles windows etc Or weed killer Glysophate ( called round up and many other names) Also gets rid of bathroom scale etc etc as well as weeds

Reply to
Pit's

"mike" wrote in news:hamWi.22$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe10.lga:

Woops, forgot link, anyways do a search of Novus #2 cleaning polish on eBay or the net. I use it to clean/polish all the clear plastic on my pinball machines. Unless there are deep scratches it will do the job. Or you can get a set of #1,#2,#3. Need some elbow grease and possibly several passes but you'll have crystal clear lenses afterward. (assuming the plastic itself hasn't become hazy internally) Great stuff.

Reply to
unkadunk