Holes drilled in plastic bottom engine bay cover.

iX35 again. After the Dealer 90000 km service I noticed the dealer had drilled 10 holes, about 8 mm diameter, equally spaced across the width of the plastic cover underneath the engine bay. If it was a serious 4wd you,d call it the engine skid plate. I,ll ask dealer what its about next visit but anybody heard of this?

Reply to
John

Not familiar with the specific car model, but that does seem strange.....could it simply be for better screw access....to remove the panel? I did that on my old Elantra for similar reasons, it used to get in the way of the oil when draining so I had to remove it.

Reply to
jtees4