2017 Elantra Automatic question

Is there a way to change gears....speicifically to put the car from park to neutral without starting the engine? Thanks.

On 6/1/2018 8:37 PM, jtees4 wrote:

Theoretically, it is already in neutral when Park is engaged. Difference being the pawl in the transmission is engaged and will not allow the car to move.
I don't know on your car specifically, but have you tried pushing the brake pedal and moving the lever? If that does not work, put the ignition in the "ON" position to activate the electronics and that may allow you to shift from park.

I definitely tried the "on" position, I was surpruised that didn't work.Thanks, I think I pressed the brake, but not sure...so i will definitely try....thanks.
Does anyone know anything about the Genesis Cougar car. I found only one small reference to it online, but can't really find any info. I suspect maybe it was not made for The USA market. I often pass one in my neighborhood when walking the dog, and it intruigues me. It is Genesis without any Hyundai logos on it, so it can't be very old. Thanks for any info.
Does anyone know anything about the Genesis Cougar car. I found only one small reference to it online, but can't really find any info. I suspect maybe it was not made for The USA market. I often pass one in my neighborhood when walking the dog, and it intruigues me. It is Genesis without any Hyundai logos on it, so it can't be very old. Thanks for any info.
On 10/24/2018 4:33 PM, jtees4 wrote:

It is certainly not a US or Canadian model. What country are you in?
Present US models of Genesis are G70. G80. G90
Genesis was split off from Hyundai in 2016 as a separate car brand, like Lexus/Toyota or Acura/Honda

I live on Long Island NY, Suffolk County. I have yet to see someone near the car, or I would simply ask them. This is the only mention I found on the internet....and it has California plates. The one near me has the same shape, same badges, don't think it has a spoiler. It's also black, very plain no chrome.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBJm3E4vCJ4