2017 Elantra Automatic question

Is there a way to change gears....speicifically to put the car from park to neutral without starting the engine? Thanks.

On 6/1/2018 8:37 PM, jtees4 wrote:

Theoretically, it is already in neutral when Park is engaged. Difference being the pawl in the transmission is engaged and will not allow the car to move.
I don't know on your car specifically, but have you tried pushing the brake pedal and moving the lever? If that does not work, put the ignition in the "ON" position to activate the electronics and that may allow you to shift from park.

I definitely tried the "on" position, I was surpruised that didn't work.Thanks, I think I pressed the brake, but not sure...so i will definitely try....thanks.