Hosing off engine bay

With all due respect, these are things you should find out BEFORE you agree to any service.

Live and learn, I guess.

Reply to
Brian Nystrom

I understand your point. My thinking is that an agreement was made when I handover my car keys.

I believe a OBD2 reader will pay for itself. Wait and see.

Reply to
accent

No, nothing is agreed to until you sign the authorization paperwork. If you don't like what you hear, you have every right to take your car and leave. I know that can be tough to do at times, but that's exactly what crooked repair shops count on. You have to be willing to say "no".

Possibly. I don't have one yet, but that's because I haven't needed it.

Reply to
Brian Nystrom