Hyundai quality report just in.

Sources: Porsche, Hyundai make big gains in quality study

Porsche and Hyundai will emerge as the biggest winners Wednesday when J.D. Power and Associates releases its 2006 Initial Quality Study, industry sources say.

Porsche will vault to second overall in the study, improving from No.

32 in last year's ranking, making Porsche the top European nameplate.

Hyundai will place third, up from No. 11 in 2005. That makes the Korean automaker the top mass-market nameplate.

Reply to
edb

So who is number 1? If you say Toyota, then that makes the last statement above incorrect...

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

Hyundai is the overall consumer winner beating Toyota and Honda. Forget very expensive Porsche and Lexus. Look at the average price average people paying for it and driving. If this statistic is real reflection from consumer view without any mistake on data collection that means Hyundai has becoming overall winner. It is bit hard to believe that.

Reply to
mmdir2005

Why? Decent vehicles at a low price. When I went for my Elantra the choice was it or a Subaru. I could not see where I was getting $10,000 more value in the Sub.

Reply to
nothermark

only thing is the cloud in peoples minds about the first Hyundais...as people get older and die off the stigma of the Hyundai (crap) car will disappear

Reply to
Deck

the 2006 quality report is in. Hyundas 3rd place behind Porsche and Lexus!!!! see:

Deck