Hyundai SantaFe question.

Hi all,

I have noticed that after driving the vehicle for a while and get out of the car, I hear water drops hitting some hot part of the engine and evaporating. I assume it's the A/C, but I don't see any puddles, and I find it strange that they would design it this way. I hope it's not a sign of something wrong; the vehicle is only a couple of months old.

TIA,

Rich

"Dum Spiro, Spero."

As long as I breath, I hope.

Cicero (Ancient Rome)

Reply to
Richard Periut

Its more than likely condensate dripping from the evaporator coil for the A/C ; it shouldnt be landing on the exhaust and may need redirecting . Since its new, id take it in under warranty.

Reply to
Dave in Lake Villa

Another poster mentioned this. Upon investigating, it was found that the evaporator drain water eventually drips onto the front exhaust pipe -- nothing to worry about.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Reply to
Richard Periut

'Thanks to all for the advice. Shouldn't I worry about rust though? Thanks, Rich'

Reply: No. Its no more of a problem than having rain water hit the exhaust when your driving. It could be easily rerouted however, by simply pushing a slightly larger hose over the existing drain hose on the outside if you wish.

Reply to
Dave in Lake Villa

Reply to
Richard Periut