I Found the Chime in the 2006-2007 Sonata!!!

Guys, I took my center console out this afternoon to begin the installation of my Bluetooth Car Kit and the Tire Pressure Monitoring System I purchased. After removing the entire console, I found the Body Control Module or BCM (little black box directly underneath where the 12V accessory plug is) and saw little speaker holes in the top side of the BCM. I put my key in the ignition and sure enough it started chiming away...LOUDLY from that location!

I put a small piece of electrical tape over it to help mute the sound and make it more "pleasant" and it worked great! No more loud and annoying chime. There is no way to disable it or "cut" the leads as it is built-in to the BCM box and is not accessible so the best you can do is mute it.

It was very simple to do and I highly recommend it to those of you with

2006-2007 Sonata's that hate the loud chime.

The instructions to remove the center console can be found on the

website.

Good luck and enjoy!

Reply to
cableguy3

What Tire Pressure Monitoring System are you installing? How does it work??

Mort

I did a ton of research and tested the top 4 units on the market and found the "Route" unit to be reasonably priced and excellent quality. I am extremely impressed and it works great. The link to see it on their website is the following:

If you are interested, let me know and I'll be more than happy to get you one. They list for $390 and I can save you a ton if interested.

The dealer charged me $12.50 a tire to dismount, put in the new wireless valve stem and balance and remount. Very reasonable considering the local tire shop wanted $90.00.

Reply to
cableguy3

Jusi might be interested. I'll cotact you at snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net ? Where did you mount the pressure display panel ? How big is the display panel ? (Hard to see in the pics)

Mort

Noticed something on my 06 Sonata: if you shine a bright light on the instrument cluster, you can see there is a cutout for TPMS already in place directly under the "door ajar" indictor.

Bit sad that Hyundai made a place for it but didn't put in the couple dollars worth of parts to make it live.

m wrote:

Reply to
PMDR

They are thinking ahead because all cars will be required to have them in about a year. I don't know what the cost is, but you can be sure that $$$ is the deciding factor.

I bought the Sonata knowing that a few gadgets that other cars have are missing, but the cost was thousands less than the models with them. OTOH, it is VERY few that are missing.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in news:S%7Vg.3$%f.2@trndny05:

The Entourage I bought came with the TPMS. With the frequency of my tire checks, it is basically useless for me, but I can see it being a benefit to many. The Entourage system is a bit rudimentary and only lights a warning light if the tire pressure if more than 10-12 PSI low. It does not show the current pressure or any other details that *I* would actually be interested in.

Eric

Reply to
Eric G.

Guys, the unit is 4" long, 1 3/4" tall and only 3/8" deep...very small and easily mountable. It's great because it displays actual tire pressure of each individual tire along with battery condition and tire temperature and only requires three wires for hook-up. Battery, Ignition and ground. Took me all of 30 minutes to install it.

I attached mine, using the mounting bracket that comes with it to the ashtray and tilted it up for easy viewing (I don't smoke) but it can be installed anywhere. You can also double stick foam it to the dash (it comes with the foam).

Feel free to e-mail me directly but I am VERY impressed and with all my driving (3000 miles per month) it could prove to be a life saver!