Model designations on HMASERVICE

I went to get some information on hmaservice.com and they list variations for each model. How do I determine what I have?

For the 2013 Sonata, they have: YF LM YF HEV

I did not see any place where they showed what the suffixed mean. The one manual I chose seems to be correct but I did not download the others for comparison. I did not expect the owners manual to be 425 pages either.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Usually the suffix designates a particular generation of a given model.

When I checked, the only choice for a 2013 Sonata was YF. YF HEV is listed for the Sonata Hybrid. LM is listed only for the Tucson.

Reply to
Bob Bailin

Thanks. I chose the YF HEV and it has both standard and hybrid info so it seems OK. Tonight, I'll have the printed manual when I pick up the car.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

HEV is the Hybrid.

I really don't like how Hyundai does this on a site the general public is a= lso to use. Heck, even the less experienced technicians in the shop have t= rouble with it. It'd be so much simpler to select a model and year and hav= e the website sort out the model desgnation.

Nonetheless, you can in general figure out which model is correct by lookin= g at the available years. For example, for Sonata, the following should be= available:

Y2 -- 1989-1994 Y3 -- 1995-1998 EF -- 1999-2005 NF -- 2006-2010 YF -- 2011-

Reply to
hyundaitech

to use. Heck, even the less experienced technicians in the shop have trouble with it. It'd be so much simpler to select a model and year and have the website sort out the model desgnation.

the available years. For example, for Sonata, the following should be available:

HT, thanks for stopping by.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski