New Hyundai Truck?

What is this need of yours to be right?

Reply to
Numan

Yes, it is and that is why there are people who specialize in finding out if there is a market. I was just hoping there was and that SOMEONE is doing something about meeting a possible demand.

Reply to
Numan

It still takes years to design a new vehicle and tool up for it. It costs hundreds of millions of dollars. Car manufacturers have to be sure that such investments will pay off.

Perhaps, but they probably know better what will sell than we do.

It's a very expensive car to build and if they priced it high enough to make money, it wouldn't sell well. They'll lose money on it for now in order to establish the market, then make it up when the manufacturing costs come down due to higher volume and improved manufacturing technology. Unlike a lot of companies, Toyota can afford it.

Reply to
Brian Nystrom

Is there some reason I shouldn't respond to snide comments and rebut a bogus argument? This is a discussion and there's more than one side to it. "Right" is relative. What's right for you may not be right for me and vice-versa. We don't have to agree and we're all entitled to express our views.

Reply to
Brian Nystrom