NY TIMES Critic: Likes Azera, Predicts Improvements

Don't confuse attempted bribery with bribery. Bribery takes 2. Attempted bribery takes 1.

Reply to
Bob Adkins

Exactly, they saw something that made no sense and questioned it. I was surprised they were on top of things to that extent.

- Mooron

Reply to
Mooron

I see no such distinction in any dictionary I've looked at. Do you have a reference or are you just making this up as you go? :-)

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

No Bob, attempted bribery still takes TWO with ONE refusing to go along. If you only have ONE who are they trying to bribe ?

Tunez

Reply to
Tunez

Maybe I should have said it takes 1 dishonest person to attempt bribery. It takes 2 dishonest people to commit bribery. I'm sure you get my drift.

Reply to
Bob Adkins

Yes, I do. It is a small point, but I believe that bribery has been committed as soon as the offer is made, it doesn't matter if it is accepted or not. The dictionary definitions of bribery relate to making the offer, not completing a transaction, which was my point. So, it only takes two in the sense that the offer is made to as second person, but that second person does NOT need to take any action at all for bribery to have been committed by the first person.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

Matt Whiting wrote in news:fxzkg.9701$ snipped-for-privacy@news1.epix.net:

Matt, do you work for Symantec? :-P

Eric

Reply to
Eric G.

No, what does AV software have to do with bribery? :-)

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

I think that was a pun, Matt.