Oil filter location 99 Lantra

I hate to post this, but I hope I am just blind and not thick. I have rebuilt several engines in my time, from bike to light truck. But this has me beat.

If somebody can tell me where the darn thing is I would be very grateful.

Reply to
OldNick

OK

You can only get at it from from underneath. Safely get the car up enough so you can crawl under and you'll see it back towards the firewall more on the passenger side in a recess in thebelly plate

Reply to
Leonardo

On 3 Apr 2007 05:51:06 -0700, "Leonardo" wrote stuff and I replied:

OK. Thanks. I have to admit that I was at the local supplier, and did not have a lift facility.

I did lie down and have a look, but it sounds like it needs a lift.

TA

I will try aga>> I hate to post this, but I hope I am just blind and not thick. I have

Reply to
OldNick

The oil filter is under the alternator, not by the firewall.

Reply to
hyundaitech

What you want to do is go to

and sign up for a free account. Then be sure you have the proper picture viewer (see "Site Requirements") from Adobe. (also free). Then you can not only find the filter, you will find all sorts of nifty information for a DIY guy.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

On Tue, 3 Apr 2007 19:29:47 -0400, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote stuff and I replied:

Thanks Edwin. I will take a look at that!

Reply to
OldNick

On Tue, 03 Apr 2007 17:53:19 -0400, "hyundaitech" wrote stuff and I replied:

OK. Thanks. I know the general area to look now. I had looked underneath, but EW engines are new to me. I was working on my old man's car (mitsubishi), and the starter motor was riight at the back. Just did not feel right.

Reply to
OldNick