2007 Sonata timing belt?

After our last Toyota Camry I swore I would never buy another car with a timing belt. Having had major problems with our local Toyota service department I have narrowed my next car selections down to 2 vehicles, the Honda Accord and the Hyundai Sonata. To get power seats with the Accord the moonroof is included. Well, I definitely don't want the moonroof so that leaves me with the Sonata which I like very much. Unfortunately the salesman now tells me the Sonata has a timing belt, not a chain. I went through 4 of those suckers with Toyota.

Your opinions please or other vehicle suggestions. Thanks.

Beau

Reply to
Beau

Beau wrote in news:psgQh.19778$B7.6442@bigfe9:

The salesman is wrong. It is a chain. You don't have to believe me, just go ask in the service department. And ask them to show you the service manual.

Eric

Reply to
Eric G.

You'll love a sunroof....buy the v6 sonata loaded.....six has a chain

Reply to
Darby OGill

So does the four.

Reply to
Partner

Find a new salesman. This one does not know his product. It has a chain these days. Like you, I'd not buy a car with a belt. I keep them too many miles to have that expense a couple of times.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski