Pricing help on 05 Santa Fe

Hello all, first time poster here. My wife and I will be looking this weekend at an '05 Santa Fe GLS FWD w/ the 2.7 6 cyl engine, pretty full options package.

From the pricing we have seen and from info on consumerreports.org this looks like what we are looking for. Pricing wise a local dealership where we live in Wisconsin has it listed on their website at $20,490 as their "internet price". Seems like a good deal as their regular price is more in the neighborhood at $22,000. I'd like to think I could get the dealer to knock off 2% and buy it at $20,000 even.

Does that seem like a decent price or with these "internet prices" does that usually mean that the dealer will rarely budge even a few hundred dollars off that? TIA for any help.

Scott

Reply to
Scott Blair

Scott, When i bought my 2002 Santa Fe GLS, FWD, v-6 .... i really shopped it hard between 4 dealers and yes...they came down below thier 'internet price' . If you want the best price you can get, then, you must be willing to go back to the Dealers a couple times each and not be willing to signup too soon. This means walking out of thier Dealership then going to the next one --- usually takes a complete day to go thru the dance . There are all kinds of ways for a Dealer to make money on new cars including kickbacks from the manufacturer i discovered. If they want the sale, they will come down . Once you get a Dealer telling you 'Sorry, but i just cant come down anymore'....then, youre almost to the point of getting the best deal. Once youve found the Dealer with the absolute lowest price, then, tell him in order to wrap up the deal youd like him to throw in free oil changes for the first 30,000 miles or free detailing for 30,000 miles or free car washes or something else . Squeeze em like an Orange Juice maker . (dang..i wish i could go with you on this purchase...I love buying a new car).

Reply to
Dave in Lake Villa

I Know one of the best places to buy a hyundai is in WI. I am not 100% sure of the dealer, but I believe it is they hyundai dealership in Fon Du Lac, WI Call them, and ask for Fantastic Fred in the internet dpt. If that is the dealership, and if he is there... tell him you were referred by the santa fe owners group. He has been able to beat prices all over the country, and that includes shipping costs. Anyway, dozens of people on the group have sung his praises on service and price. Good luck,

Reply to
No Spam for me

'I Know one of the best places to buy a hyundai is in WI. I am not 100% sure of the dealer, but I believe it is they hyundai dealership in Fon Du Lac, WI Call them, and ask for Fantastic Fred in the internet dpt. If that is the dealership, and if he is there... tell him you were referred by the santa fe owners group. He has been able to beat prices all over the country, and that includes shipping costs. Anyway, dozens of people on the group have sung his praises on service and price. Good luck,'

ME: Ill remember this for the next time i buy a Hyundai ; Fondulac, Wisc, is only about 3 hours drive for me. But, before i go up there, i will have gone to at least 3 local Hyundai local Dealers so i have a feel for what a good price really is.

Reply to
Dave in Lake Villa

You would talking about Van Horn Hyundai in Fond du Lac. Its about 2 miles west of Hwy 41 on Hwy 23. Fred Noyes would be "fantastic Fred" as he was referred to. We live about 20 miles north of Fond du Lac in Oshkosh.

My wife and I went there today and a few hours later had ourselves a brand new Santa Fe. We made our offer, told em about our credit, how much we were willing to put down, and a deal was made. Even gave us about $500 more for our trade in than we expected. No hassles, we got a vehicle whose MSRP was just over $23,000 for $19,500 after sale, rebates, and negotiation. For the record it would be the 05' Santa Fe FWD, w/ the 3.7 liter engine, midnight blue in color (sharp). Great options package as well.

Got a 4.69% interest rate on top of it. All in all my best experience ever buying a vehicle.

Scott

Reply to
Scott Blair

I meant moonlit blue of course

Scott

Reply to
Scott Blair

Glad it worked out for you. sounds like fred Came through again! I assume that they did a better deal for you than other dealers offered?

Reply to
No Spam for me

Actually the other 2 Hyundai dealerships in the area either didnt have any sales going on or they only had the AWD's in stock.

Scott

Reply to
Scott Blair

Glad you got a great deal. Maybe its best to buy away from larger citys in an area where its less economically fruitful .

Reply to
Dave in Lake Villa

Glad you're happy with your deal....mine too is a moonlit blue and the only thing I don't like about it is it shows every little scratch..... Len

Reply to
Krazy Kanuck