Santa Fe 05 - Passenger Airbag Indicator

I got my santy 3 months back and i have been having the indicator not go off when my wife (105 lbs) gets on 1 out of 4 times at least. However after switching off ignition and starting it up again it goes ALWAYS goes off.

I gave it for a checkup to my dealer but they didnt have an answer and hinted a recall is due as it was in elantra. they also pointed that it could be my wife's small frame that might make it irregular. I am not sure i accept that as my argument is how come the sensors can tell on retstart but cant tell on run. then its not a weight issue.

I intend to test this with a more 'appropriate' weighing buddy to be

100% on my argument.

Has anyone had any similar problem or have workarounds as i am concerned over the safety with summer highway drives approaching ?

Reply to
Fe Rider

There have been some complaints about the Occupant Classification System in Santa Fes, similar to the same complaints in the Elantra.

There's already a recall for OCS reprogramming to correct a condition where children seated on the front edge of the seat could be classified as adults. This recall applies to Santa Fes produced between 8/9/04 and

11/5/04. If this recall applies to your vehicle and has yet to be performed, you should probably have it done just to see if there is any change regarding how the system recognizes your wife.
Reply to
hyundaitech