Santa Fe Accelerator

Since the other thread was too long for me to navigate thru I thought I'd just start over. Regarding the comments about the accelerator (which I call a gas pedal) I had posted the same thing several months ago about my 2003 Santa Fe. The service people could not fix it. It is not a "computerized" gas pedal, or electronic. I was basically told to live with it. Also, I have spoken with several other Santa Fe owners who have the same thing. You think the company would put out a fix for it. It is very annoying, especially this winter when I want nice smooth starts in the snow. Hyundai Tech's ideas did not work, so for now I just live with it. And I don't care what you say, it has to effect the gas mileage, which isn't good to begin with. Other than than I love the vehicle.

Reply to
fancyhit

Jody

is this just an issue with the 3.5 V6?? as I have an 06 Santa Fe with an

2.7 V6 and I dont have that problem.. acceleration is nice and smooth from the start why would there be a difference from one to the other?? just curious..

Pete..

Reply to
Pete & Cindy

I don't recall your previous post, fancyhit, so I'm not sure what we're actually discussing. There isn't really anything in common with your accelerator and the one on the 3.5, so the fact that you have a problem similar to someone else doesn't necessarily indicate an overall issue that needs to be fixed. In any event, I'm sorry my ideas didn't help and that your dealer was unable to help you.

Reply to
hyundaitech

No we did not notice it at the time. When driving a different vehicle you really wouldn't know if it was a problem or not. Also, as I said, the problem is much more common than some of you think. The dealer drove a 2005 that did the same thing, so he basically couldn't, or wouldn't do anything else. It is a cable system, not computerized as some have mentioned. The whole assembly was replaced, the cable, and lots of greasing and no change. So we live with it. Others I've spoken with have the same thing and just live with it also. The company really should look into this, but they don't seem too interested.

Reply to
fancyhit

The 2.7 doesn't have the electronic throttle system. It's a direct cable link from the pedal to the throttle plate.a

Reply to
hyundaitech

Neither is that a common problem with the 3.5, I have a -03 LX 3.5, never notice any problem with the fly-by-wire accelerator pedal.

I'll had loved to get a real tranny (manual), but the 5 speed auto is not that bad at all.

Reply to
Victor A. Garcia

Knowing what I know now about my 06 Sonata, I'd probably not get a manual transmission again with the electronic throttle. It is so hard to start out smoothly that it takes much of the fun out of driving standard. It is just way to hard to coordinate throttle and clutch and I've driving standard shift vehicles for 30 years including 5 years driving OTR trucks. Hyundai really needs to do some work on this throttle.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

Matt Whiting wrote in news:pACLf.6651$ snipped-for-privacy@news1.epix.net:

Wouldn't it be easier to start doing 2000 RPM clutch drops? :-)

Seriously, I hope they do something too. It is even getting annoying on my AT.

Eric

Reply to
Eric G.

Well, about 20% of my starts end up that way, especially if I need to move quickly and don't have time to futz with the throttle to launch at around 1000-1200 as I prefer.

I'm not holding my breath. I haven't even received a survey from Hyundai asking if I like the car. I got a survey asking about the salesman, finance officer, dealership, etc., but not a peep about the car. Seems odd for a company that is selling cars to not even ask about the car. Maybe they don't want to know the answers.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

If it is what I think it is ,there is a tsb out for it. I had it done on my Santa Fe and it helped alot. tsb #04-36-012 PCM reprogramming for smoother feeling initial acceleration. My dealer did not know that the tsb was out and and said the same thing until I printed out a copy of the tsb and showed them. If you want I can email a copy of the tsb, It will be in .pdf form.

Striker

Reply to
Striker

I'd appreciate a copy as well if you don't mind sending it along.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

TSB 04-26-012 applies to most 2004 Santa Fes with the 3.5 engine. It doesn't apply to any other year, model, or engine. Not only is the TSB vague in terms of what the reprogram does exactly, but I've even had discussions with technical assistance about this TSB and they seemed equally unable to explain it to me.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Makes me wonder if the dealer didn't do some paperwork required. I received survey's from both the dealer and Hyundai within 90 days of purchasing my car, plus a call from my salesman at 60 days asking if everything was OK with it.

Jon

Reply to
Zeppo