Small Scratch

I forgot to mention the scratch is about 1/4".

Do you think that will rust if I do not use the touch up paint?

If so, how long does it usually take for rust 2-3 years?

I just don't want to try the touch up paint if I don't have to because I think that I will mess it up.

Reply to
John

If you mess it up, just wipe it off before it dries. Get the touch up paint, head to a local body shop and ask the guys inside to touch it up for you. I'm sure they'd be happy to do it for nothing.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

If you are afraid of doing the touch up, trade the car in soon. Rust can start in a matter of hours under certain conditions.

It is far better to have a stand out touch up on the 1/4" scratch than a big blob of rust that will appear over time.

No, I don't think it will rust, I KNOW it will rust. Take a look at some cars as you drive and the big red bumpy spots on them. If you can live with that, fine.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski