Sonata Keys

Has anyone been able to get a spare key made for the new Sonata other than the dealer? I think he knows that he has the only blanks in town, that's why he wants $30 for one. No it doesn't have a chip in it so that's way over what it should be. One for my 2003 was 3 or 4 bucks. BTW, the blank is HY15-P(Ilco). I can order a blank over the web, but they want $6 for shipping. Still have to get someone to cut it.

Reply to
Partner

I'm going to try next week. Have you tried a real locksmith? Some will gladly order a blank along with their next order.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Had one made in McKinney TX last oct, account my wife left hers at home in CA. they charged me $8.00...found out later that a locksmith in Denton, TX has blanks and make one for $4.00

Reply to
Deck