Sonata rear brakes 2006

Just did the rear brakes on my 2006 and it seems like the inner parking brake pads seem to be rubbing. Any idea on why and what the fix would be?

Thanks

Reply to
avn

Perhaps overadjusted a little. Just remove the rubber plug from the rotor-drum and adjust them in a little.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Thanks I took one side apart again reassembled and in turn out to be the tin shield rubbing. Bent both of them back off the rotor and everything is fine now.

Would it effect anything if the two of them went missing lol?

Reply to
avn

Some of the parking brake components attach to the backing plates. Taking them off would be a bad idea,

Reply to
hyundaitech

Guess they will stay put, adjusted with push of screw driver and all has been quite since.

Reply to
avn