Switching between synthetic and regular oil

A long time ago, I used to be bale to get enough clearance to work by driving up on 4" concrete blocks. Doubt I could today. Ramps is what I used.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

This is all helpful, especially the info about the fumoto valve - thanks!

Reply to
VicTek

Hello Matt,

MW> Wheel ramps are nearly essential for most cars. I can change my 4x4 MW> on the ground, but my Sonata and minivan need ramps. I'd have to MW> weigh less than 130 lbs to even thing of getting under either of my MW> cars with them on the ground! :-)

I am 5"-8", 190 lbs and could change my Elantra GT and Tiburon GT without ramps.

I even changed the oil on the EGT without raising it at all, thanks to the Fumoto valve -- no messing with the oil pan plug and wrenches.

With the Tib, I need to raise the RF a bit to get the plastic trim piece under the filter off (I guess I could leave it off and eliminate this step) and to reach far enough back to get at the valve. The Tib is pretty low in front.

Regards, Wayne Moses

Reply to
Wayne Moses

Unfortunately, at 225 lbs, I pretty much need the ramps! :-)

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

I'm a little bigger than you, 6' and 225 and 5 years of work as a logger gave me big enough shoulders that I just can't maneuver with less than about 18" of space. My truck just barely has enough room given the plow frame, but my minivan and Sonata aren't even close. Yes, having the quick drain would help a lot, but I can't get to my oil filters without raising the vehicle. The minivan is easy to see, but you have to get behind the plastic air dam. The Sonata is up inside of a hole in the plastic air deflector, and no way to get up in there with the car on the ground.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting