tire pressure guages

as you can see, couple of weeks ago I asked about tire pressure guages. Since I had 4 and none read the same. well, upon advice, I bought a couple of new ones. one I paid 3.95 + shipping on Ebay and one I bought from Amazon.com for 17.00 + shipping. the 3.95 one reads 3 lbs less than the higher cost one!! Get what you pay for???

-- Message posted using

information at

Deck

Perhaps, but it really doesn't matter as long as each one reads consistently. They'll both get you close enough that you can set the tire pressure based on the ride characteristics without being too low or too high. Hyundai's recommended pressures are too low anyway, particularly in the front. My Elantra handles best at 36 front/32 rear.

Reply to
Brian Nystrom

why not spend about $ 20.00 and go to a calibration shop and have on of them verified. then you know you have the correct pressure.

Reply to
&*^%$

Ha, I had the same problem last summer and got miffed at myself for adjusting my tire pressure to 42 lbs. all around on my Santa Fe while on a 500 mile trip, due to my old pencil style gauge reading way too low. I ended up buying a bunch of gauges and comparing it to a pressure gauge a friend uses for research projects.

The closest one was a digital gauge that BJ's warehouse had for $8. The range of the 5 gauges I bought went from 22 lbs to 40 lbs. Even the $28 brass dial gauge was way off.

I returned the other gauges and bought more of the BJ's digital gauges for my wife and kids. They all read within a half pound of each other. They aren't the easiest to use due to their shape (teardrop) but at least they are accurate.

Jon

Reply to
Zeppo

Hyundai's recommended pressures are too low anyway,

I run my wifes 2002 at 38 front / 32 rear

Reply to
Michael

I have an electronic one with a digital readout which reads to one half pounds.....The local gas station has a regular old style air hose/regulator for customers (no quarters!) and my gage agrees with it....had doubts about the electronic gadget but it seems to be reliable and consistent.

Reply to
Darby OGill

and who/where is BJ's warehouse??

-- Message posted using

information at

Deck

and who/where is BJ's warehouse??

-- Message posted using

information at

Deck

Northeast region wholesale club, similar to Costco.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

"Deck" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

Check here: