Want to get a 2007 Santa Fe

hey everyone:

I'm about to get a new 2007 Santa Fe. But I'm totally new to the auto market in the United States. I have some questions about the cars and Hyundai dealerships.

  1. do I get big discount on price if I pay cash on the car?

  1. For the warranty, does it usually include maintenance? If it doesn't, what's the cost for regular maintenance?

3.Does the warranty still valid if I move to another state?

4.What's the price range for Santa Fe se now?

Thanks so much !

Leo

Reply to
zhangyufei
1 - no 2 - no cost depends on mileage might try edmunds.com for service interval costs
- yes 4 - 2 wheel or AWD? Again try edmunds.com I think there is a 1500 rebate should be able to get it at dealer invoice less rebate this time of year at least.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
jp103

Just to go a step further: You don't get any discount on a car if you pay cash because dealerships often make a lot of money on the financing deals through:

1) hundreds in kickbacks from the loan originator for sending the loan their way

2) slight-of-hand tricks that allow them to inflate the purchase price

-- when they're negotiating with the customer they will often talk in terms of monthly payments, and the customer often won't be able to convert that in their head to a purchase price.

Make sure you read

you buy a new car.

-Matthew

jp103 wrote:

Reply to
Matthew Fedder

To be fair - that's a consumer problem not a dealer problem. There's no slight of hand there at all. Most consumers don't care what the car costs, they only care about the monthly payment. Hell - they don't even care about the interest rate which is the biggest determining factor in total cost. If the customer cannot figure out what monthly payments translate to then they deserve to get screwed. Tell me a state that does not have a truth in lending law that requires complete disclosure of terms for a car purchase. Anyone too lazy to simply read what's there gets no sympathy from me.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Thanks everyone's post!

I'm an accounting and finance double major. I agree majority of the people don't know anything about interest rate and how the monthly payment are calculated. There are tons of the software people can downloaded online and calculate the monthly payment with desirable rate.

Reply to
yufei