Would you buy another Hyundai?

If not, what would be your choice?

Reply to
irwell

Buying today? Yes. But I only have 12,000 miles and six months on my Sonata. Perfect so far. Ask me again after I've had it for four years or so.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Yes but not from the dealer that I bought the last 3 from in Weatherford Texas USA

Richard

Reply to
Richard

In a heartbeat! (2005 Accent 5 speed.) But, Not from the crooked dealership that I bought this one from.

Jack Cassidy

Reply to
Jack Cassidy

Yes....got two now a SF and a Sonata.....Good dealer, in Regina SK Canada....treats you right!.....

Reply to
Krazy Kanuck

Yes, but not going to. I got most of my family to buy Hyundais 2 Elantras and 1 Entourage (Actually 3 Elantras selling mine to family member). Nothing against them but they just don't have what I'm looking for right now. After looking around for the past few months I have decide on A Chevy Equinox as my next vehicle. Thought about the Tucson and a Murano but the Chevy is a happy medium, plus $1000 of because of my GM credit card.

Reply to
Smee

Yes, but... I am at roughly 10 months and 8000 miles on my Sonata with relatively few issues and lots of smiles.

As for the "yes but" part... Looking back, I wish I'd waited for the new Santa Fe. It just would have been the better choice for me.

Reply to
PMDR

Maybe. I found a GREAT dealer in Plano, TX, Huffines (bought our 2nd one there), and a crooked dealer in Mesquite...(bought our 3rd one there).

However, Hyundais are getting expensive enough that they are losing their cost - effective appeal. They still have their relative ease of maintenance going for them, however they are not as fuel (or emission) efficient as, say, Honda. Also, for the $$, surprisingly enough, GM cars are catching up fast... believe me that is hard for me to admit.... I have lothed them for

30 years - but they seem to have gotten their act together (almost too late).

So either a GM or a Honda would probably be my next car.... or a vintage Porsche 911 if I won the lottery ;).

Reply to
KWW

I already did. This is my second one. Yes, I would buy another, but not until this one dies.

Reply to
Brian Nystrom

I'd buy another Hyundai possibly, but probably not another standard shift. Their throttle/clutch combination in my Sonata is the pits.

I'd like to get a BMW, Audi or maybe VW as the Germans know how to make a standard shift vehicle. If I buy another minivan, I'll consider a Hyundai, but my next purchase will likely be a truck to replace my 94 Chevy and it likely will be another Chevy.

I'm going to test drive a Tundra today as Toyota says they will give me a $50 Home Depot gift certificate if I do. That is enough incentive for me! :-)

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

Most DEFINATELY Im waiting for the full size luxuary version to come here, I already have 3 in my family, my wife has a 2003 Santa Fe, I have a 2005 XG50L and my daughter has a 2007 Tucson... Also in the family is my Father-in laws 2003 Sonata and my Brother-in laws 2007 Accent.

']['unez

Reply to
']['unez

I have an 03 Elantra and an 06 Sonata LX. Like both cars. The Elantra for around town. The Sonata would be good on the highway if it didn't have those 17 inch HARD tires..Probably buy another Mercury Grand Marquis for the road. I got better mileage on my last Merc than I'm getting on this Sonara..and it rode a whale of a lot better!!

Reply to
Deck

also might consider an entourage

Reply to
Deck

I won't argue that GM's are catching up fast. But, being a recovering GM apologist, I can tell you they are still nowhere's near where they have to be to start being competitive again.

Still way too many problems I can only define as "GM'isms." I have an '03 Oldsmobile, and I, for one, am not seeing near the improvements I need to yet.

Domestics are only slowly and begrudgingly starting to try to address their

3rd-rate powertrains - like the one currently in the Equinox (do not see why someone would think that vehicle is perfect for them). And GM's continue to have some of the worst seats in the industry.

Now GM has just recently come out with a new 3.6L V6, being matched to either a 5- or 6-speed transmission. This is looking like a seriously good powertrain, but up until now, they are refusing to put it into vehicles like the Equinox (though it is now in the Equinox-based Suzuki XL-7).

But until they get more history, and more of a dedicated willingness to do these kinds of things, right now Hyundai runs circles around GM.

And Hyundai, by the way, is the only car company that Honda is taking seriously - and Hyundai and Honda are the two companies GM is studying the most for "how to do it right."

Reply to
Rev. Tom Wenndt

That is pretty dumb since Toyota is clearly the leader in almost every front in the auto industry. It is pretty sad when the car companies can't even figure out who is in first.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

Yes, and I already have. I had the 2002 Santa Fe LX and just recently traded it in for the 2007 model. By the time I get rid of this model, they would probably have a hybrid version out and that will be the next one for me to get. If not, it would be the Veracruz.

TS

Reply to
twospirits

Huffiness Hyundai of Plano is great...that where I got my 2005 Elantra...and yes, I'll buy another Hyundai. :-) Liz

Reply to
:-)Liz

Obviously he should have had Toyota first or second.

At our auto show I felt the Tucson would fit my needs, if it had a full sized spare. It looks like it would take one, if that foam spacer was cut thinner. The dealer didn't impress me by saying they didn't factory install a full sized spare so the narrow spare would remind one to fix the flat.

Reply to
who

The Grand Marquis always was a great deal and a wonderful cruising car. I loved mine and you're right the mileage for a V8 was really good. Great car and they used to almost give them away, if you dealt with them.

Tom

Reply to
Tom

Reply to