Would you buy another Hyundai?

On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 17:30:32 -0500, a rock fell from the sky, hitting Wayne Moses on the head, and inspiring the following:

I hate that statement - in that it is not only incorrect but such a crock.

Yes, the ford 150 sells more than the Chevy Silverado, but then GM (stupidly) splits their truck sales figures into two trucks.

When you combine the Sierra with the Silverado (they are almost identical) then you get sales figures consistently higher than the F150.

Even if you didn't you'd find that the Silverado and F150 tend to be roughly equal in sales - particularly when compared to the Nissan or Dodge rivals.

Reply to
PerfectReign

My last three cars have been Hyundais, Excel, Accent and Elantra, all with manual transmissions.

The throttle/clutch arrangement in the Elantra is marginal. The throttle is too sensitive making it difficult to control engine speed when starting from a standstill.

If I buy another car it will probably be another Hyundai or maybe a Toyota. There is no way I will ever buy another American made car.

- Mooron

Reply to
Mooron

Mooron scribbled:

So I guess a Sonata is out of the question.

Reply to
Don P.

Yes, my Sonata has the same problem. Probably the biggest problem with the car.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

Mat's coming home in a Toyota!!!

Steve

Reply to
Steve R.

Reply to
Mike Wilson

It's been a pleasure owning my '02 Sonata GLS. I've only had 1 cosmetic problem with it ever (fixed under warranty) and it's been

100% reliable for me. I am looking forward to owning a light-duty truck as there have been rumors floating around. Otherwise I am looking at either a Santa Fe or Tucson. Would like a Hybrid in either model if possible as their fuel economy should be better. If I can't do either of those, the 4-cyl Sonata seems to be heads above my V6 in fuel economy now.

- Thee Chicago Wolf

Reply to
Thee Chicago Wolf

I'd like a truck as well, not really practical. With fuel costs where they are now, I wish I had my old 02 Sonata with the 4 cyl.

As far as hybrids, they're still out of my price range. They would be more beneficial to me, I do 80% highway and the balance city driving...

Steve

Reply to
Steve R.

As the technology progresses I think it will become cost effective. Think of it this way, pay a little more now, and see savings benefits sooner and for a longer term. I guess the Hyundai Hybrids will be coming out in '09 or '10 from what little I've read but I hope Hyundai can take advantage of the cutting edge tech that's out by then and do up some nice regular cards as well as a smaller truck or compact utility vehicle.

- Thee Chicago Wolf

Reply to
Thee Chicago Wolf

Yes will buy another Sonata Elite here in oz getting rid of the 1 year old Camry SWonata apart from CD player not missed a beat in VERY harsh conditions Excellent car won out over the Honda camry and BMW when analyse all the factors Great bang for buck and pleasure to drive

Reply to
Pits