2002 Rodeo pinion seal

Hello:

I have a 2002 Rodeo with 75,000 miles, a 6 cyl engine, and a 5 speed manual transmission. Over the past 3 - 4 months, it's been in the shop constantly trying to get a leaky pinion seal fixed. Nothing works. Does anyone have any experience with such an issue and if so, what finally fixed it?

Thanks!

Reply to
Adam Sandler

on mine the yoke had ware where the seal rubed.. i matched up a ready sleave to fit the yoke and that took the ware where the sill rubbed

Reply to
Anonymous

After the first 2 seals were replaced only, I decided to replace the have the yoke replaced as well. I really didn't see any wear on the yoke but I reasoned the best seal would be found with both a new seal and yoke.

What do you mean by "ready sleave"?

Thanks!

Reply to
Adam Sandler