Dealler ripping me off??????

Sorry if this got posted twice...I have a 2001 Rodeo that went in for it's

60K service.....

In addition to the regular 60K service at $309

He says Filter: $59 Serpentine Belt $69.95 Emission Port is 90% blocked clean out costs -$99.90 Fuel Injector Flush $150 REar Differential Service $96.90

I am pretty sure the Fuel Injector flush is a WASTE as is Rear Differential Service and I know the S-belt is a lot cheaper that $70 as is the Fuel filter (correct me if I am wrong)

How easy is the Emission port to clean out and how much should it cost? Also comment on his rates for the rest of the stuff.

Reply to
Buhda

Which filter? Cabin air filter on my Maxima costs $45... and I replace it! No after-market replacements available yet... that I've found at least.

Price the serpentine belt at PepBoys... can you replace it? On a guess I'd say it doesn't need replacement... ask them to show you the worn spots or damage first. If it doesn't need replacement, don't replace it.

How does he know the emission port is 90% blocked?

What is he doing for the injector flush... if he removes each injector from engine to flush and check spray pattern it sounds good but is it really needed?? At any rate, I doubt that's what he's doing... you can probably do effectively the same thing he'll do by adding two bottles of Techron Injector cleaner to the tank: about $15.00. Adding a bottle of Techron at every oil change is the best way to avoid ever having to have this service... or at least avoid it for the normal ownership period.

Rear diffy service: again, what is he doing. If just draining the oil and replacing it's a ripoff. If he's removing the cover, flushing and cleaning out filings (it's normal for there to be very fine filings in the bottom), replace cover with new gasket, refilling with new oil it sounds reasonable and is actually a good service to have performed.

BuddyWh

Reply to
BuddyWh

I tried to get the serpentine belt at Pep Boys and was told they didn't carry it yet. Kinda odd. At $26 at the dealer, it's not too bad. Andy

Reply to
Busman