HELP 88 Trooper won't start / dead

Cheers,

Took my 88 Trooper, 4 cylinder, out to get some gas the other day. When I shut it off at the gas station. Wouldn't start. No horn, lights, etc. Tried to jump it with 'portable power' ( which I have used in the past without any problems), still would not start. I had to have it towed home. Put it on a battery charger... still no lights, horn and it won't start. Battery is about 6 months old. Battery cables / connections are tight & clean. Battery cables seem OK.

Any suggestions? Greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

"dead" in NJ

Reply to
datadr77

1st put a volt meter at the battery terminals and verify power. Then measure between chassis ground and the battery positive terminal. If that fails I'd check for a bad ground strap or the main fusable link.
Reply to
miles