Hydraulic clutch bleeding TrooperII

Hello,

How can you _successfully_ bleed hydraulic clutch system on 89 TrooperII? I installed master cylinder kit and slave cylinder kit now system is so full of air. I have Motive Universal Power Bleeder so I would like to use it. Maybe to bleed everything right on the car without removing for bench bleeding. But I would like to hear _any_ method that _surely_ works on this car. Or where to get the detailed instructions from.

Thank you

Paul

Reply to
Paul

On the many hydraulic clutches I have bled this has worked for me.

Fill M/cylinder and tighten bleeder screw on slave cylinder. with your hand rapidly push the clutch pedal up and down 1/2 inch or so. I usually bend down outside the door and reach in to do this. If it was possible to watch the m/cylinder while this is being done you would see the air bubbles rising up. Ron

Reply to
ron

Thanks for info. I'll try it. The only thing is the M/C is not the highest point in this hydraulic system so I am not sure if it will work. This car has a piece of hard line running from damper cylinder towards slave and most of it runs higher than the M/C unit. I read it somewhere on the net and noticed on my car. They say the biggest trick is to get fluid into that line. I have this pressure bleeder so I will probably try to utilize it with your method. The way I understand it you release air and let fluid in that is trapped in highest point of the system which is also part of M/C where it connects to reservoir. Every time you wiggle the pedal air goes out up reservoir fluid drops in and more air inside M/C shifts toward highest point and so on until there is no more air in M/C. Interesting. Have no time right now and it is too cold here so will try in a few days.

r> On the many hydraulic clutches I have bled this has worked for me. >

Reply to
Paul