Isuzu Trooper 2000 ABS Light

This is the first time the car has this light ABS on. This is an Isuzu Trooper 2000, automatic transmission V6, 150 000 mostly highway miles. What does the light mean? What should be an estimate cost of repairs to get this light off. Does the light do damage to the car or shall I say is something bad happening to the car for this light to come on? HELP... I am in the twilight zone with cars.

Reply to
nunez

Well nunez with the ABS light on basically it means your ABS system has

"disabled itself" because it sees a problem somewhere in the ABS syste could be something small from a sensore or something other take it to a shop that can diagnose it properly in the mean time you still have braking but with-out the assist of ABS

-- johnin

View this thread:

Send from

johnin

On a similar note I'm having problems with the airbag light on my '99 Trooper (diesel, 50,000 miles). A workshop managed to get it switched off for a few weeks but its on again. Is there a way of fixing it oneself or does it require an 'Isuzu' computer? Or should the airbags themselves be checked?

RL

Reply to
Ray Laughton