Isuzu Trooper Start-up problem

Hi, I know this issue has been raised in the past but I would like to hear from anyone who can help solve this problem. I have an Isuzu Trooper (1999) 3.0litre TD Diesel. When starting up each morning I have to prime the fuel pump by going under the bonnet and prime the fuel pump. Once I have depressed the button on the pump six or seven times it starts straight away. Can anyone enlighten me on this matter.

Reply to
gazza

Air getting into the fuel line? I have a similar problem with mine, same vintage. It starts okay, but cuts out two blocks from home, always at the same spot. Starts again without problems. Pehaps an air bubble in the diesel line.. Otherwise going well for a ten-year old! No more problems since Isuzu (via Opel in this case) agreed to replace the fuel injectors about 6 months ago. Whats your mileage?

ray

Reply to
Ray Laughton