just curious

i have a 1993 rodeo, 3.2 5 speed 4x4, after watching this group for a while it seems that i have all of the 3.2 knocks and rattles that are normal for this engine, just curious, does anyone know of a different engine that will bolt up to the trans? i.e. small block chevy, small block ford, etc...???

Reply to
electro punk

I think there are... there's a very active Isuzu interest group on

that you might be interested in. They have a lot of experience with solid axle swaps (SAS), putting rock-crawler gear sets (terra-lows) in as well as engine swaps.

Just curious: this engine is fairly reliable... even considering all the knocks and rattles and such since they don't affect it much beyond the noise. Even with these problems it's a fairly bullet proof engine.. a lot of people have put very high miles on them (250k+).

Why would you want to get rid of a good engine... and drop a Ford or GM engine in which is generally much less reliable?

Just curious... BuddyWh

Reply to
BuddyWh

BuddyWh wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

different

small

Reply to
electro punk

Annoyingly: yes (if this is mostly city with some highway). I think the worst I've done is 14 but that was off-road, slow, in 4x4 a lot.

I get 17-21 on the highway; 25 with a good tail wind.

This is still considered pretty good - average when I talk to some other SUV users, though. The Yukon owners are down right envious.

Reply to
BuddyWh

My daughter just got a 96 Rodeo with a 3.2, and it gets around 15-19 mpg. Most of the driving is somewhere between city and hwy, has about 69,000 on it. I'm beginning to realize that we shouldn't expect to get any better than this. Hoping this will be motivation for her to get something a little more practical in the future.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Laughlin

"Bruce Laughlin" wrote in news:82c6d$428e1fc9$97d5e5af$ snipped-for-privacy@ALLTEL.NET:

envious.

it is mostly city driving, i had a feeling that this was pretty typical mileage for this vehicle, thanks for taking the time to reply...

Reply to
electro punk