Oil consumption -- 1998 Isuzu Trooper (3.5L V6)

We purchased our 1998 Isuzu Trooper (3.5L V6) new in the Spring of

1998 and since day 1 have experienced oil consumption issues.

I used conventional oil up until about 10,000 miles and at that point switched over to Mobil 1 synthetic oil 10W30.

Frustrated with the oil consumption, at the 95,000 mile mark, I switched over to a Mobil 1 15W50 and on a recent trip (1300 miles), I didn't use a drop of oil. During this trip, I would have normally used at least a quart of oil (with Mobil 1 10W30).

I talked with Mobil 1 about a blend and they said there weren't any issues with mixing different Mobil 1 weights, so, I have gone to a blend of 2 quarts Mobil 1 0W40 and 3 quarts of 15W50 and I am happy to report, consumption is at zero.

Just wanted to pass this on to anyone who may be having oil consumption issues.

-

-- Curtis Newton snipped-for-privacy@remove-me.akaMail.com

ICQ: 4899169

Reply to