owners of 95 rodeos or passports?

we just got a 95 passport/rodeo and want to hear from anyone else who's owned 'em. email me off the board if you're willing to share experience. k?

Reply to
flawed jai

Love my 1995 Rodeo. When it runs, it runs good. But when it dont... it dont. heh

Me and my Rodeo have a love/hate relationship. I love it one day, hate it the next, but I can't bear to think what would happen if I lost it.

Chuck

Reply to
Zex0s

What are you wanting to know, specifically? If it runs, it runs. It's great. :)

ajpdla, '95 passport owner.

Reply to
ajpdla

I have a 1996 Rodeo (*almost exactly the same as a 95*) with the 4-cyl, 2wd package. It's actually underpowered and a bit slow, but it's been a great little truck. It will carry anything that will fit through the doors and not even feel it. I've had it a little over five years and the only time it's ever stranded me was last spring when the battery finally died. When I took it out, I realized it was the original battery that was put in when the truck was new.

I put about $1250 into it in preventive maintenance a year ago, changing the clutch, pressure plate, timing belt and head gasket - none of these actually failed, replacing them was what was recommended at 100,000 miles so I went ahead and had it done. It's MUCH cheaper to do the scheduled maintenance than to wait until it fails, because the havoc wreaked by the failing part cascades into other damage that makes it much more expensive to repair. Such damage can be avoided by catching this stuff before it fails. I've never had any trouble since with this vehicle. The rear main seal was leaking oil, so we changed that while we had the tranny out of it, but it was cheap to replace since the trans had to come out anyway. It's got about

135,000 on it now and still runs great - needs shocks right now, but that's to be expected at this mileage. So far, I have replaced - fan clutch clutch pressure plate rear main seal head gasket timing belt battery There was one odd thing, though. I lost both headlights at about 75,000 miles, within two weeks of each other. Replaced both headlight lamps for less than $10 total. Did the replacement myself in five minutes. Seemed odd that they went out at the same time, though. It does have a few idiosyncracies - no real electrical problems, except for a cheesy aftermarket alarm system that went on the fritz - probably installed by the dealer as an unofficial option, and oddly, the stock temp gauge has never worked since the day I bought it. Other than that, it's been great.

Would I buy another one? You betcha!

JR

Reply to
John Robertson