Re: TSB SB98-02-L002 - where do I find more info???

I've got a '99 Rodeo with a fuel guage that does not work. The local Isuzu

>dealer says no Recall/TSB's for my vehicle but I think this TSB specifically >addresses this problem. How do I find out? Do I have any chance of getting >the fuel guage fixed, or should I not bother and buy a replacement and >install myself?

Where did you get that TSB number???.....I just checked alldata.com and there is no such TSB for a 99 Rodeo.

-

-- Curtis Newton snipped-for-privacy@remove-me.akaMail.com

ICQ: 4899169

Reply to
Curtis Newton

I guess I'm looking for advice then. My dealer isn't interested in talking to me. I've shown him the TSB # and he says "no such TSB for '99 Rodeo" and that's it. I'd really like to have a funcitonal fuel-guage (mine doesn't work at all - always at Empty and flashing). I have a 60,000 mile service scheduled for Friday with the dealer and am not sure if I want to continue giving them business if another dealer might address the issue. Unfortunately, it's quite a drive to the next nearest Isuzu dealer. How can I find out what, exactly, the TSB addressed?

Reply to
John Noble

Is your warranty all run out? Did you take it to the dealer for this problem while still under warranty?

Reply to
milesh

They are wrong. If you have documentation that you reported this problem to the dealer while still under warranty and the problem was not resolved then Isuzu is still responsible for correcting it. If the dealer is unwilling to contact Isuzu on your behalf then you may have to do so yourself. You can also contact the Isuzu regional zone manager for your area.

Reply to
milesh

Yeah, what he said. This dealer is just giving you a hard time. He knows he is responsible, he just doesn't want to do it. First make sure you have all your service records, if not then go to you dealers service department and ask for copies of your complete service history on this vehicle. Don't tell them why, just tell 'em you need it. Try not to deal with the same person you have already had troubles with, I have the best luck with the "office girls" ;-) Then, contact Isuzu and get them to force the dealer to resolve the issue. Then take your business elsewhere.. Or you could just get another dealer to fix it.. No rules stating you have to take it to the same dealer you bought it from.. Just an authorized Isuzu service center.

Reply to
Tony Johnson

Thanks to both of you for the replies. Even though the guage started acting up prior to warranty expiration, I didn't actually discuss it with the dealer until it quit working at around 40,000 miles, so I think I'm stuck on that issue. I had the truck in for a 60,000 mile service this last weekend. I spoke to a different service rep, gave him a copy of the TSB# and told him I believed it covered both 1998 & early 1999 model years. He looked up the man. date for my Rodeo, 4/23/1999. He sent a note to the Service Manager asking if my Rodeo was covered under the TSB. When we picked the truck up, I was informed that my Rodeo did not qualify.

I have not coughed up the money for a copy of the TSB from Alldata (I'd like to see the 1998 fuel guage TSB mentioned above, but would rather subscribe for my model year Rodeo, 1999) so I don't know exactly what the cut off date is. April seems like it might be late for 'early 1999' but I don't know. Regardless, everything on the truck is working fine except the guage. The dealer quoted me approx. $266.00 for the guage alone, $500.00 installed (I'm not sure what the hourly rate is but the labor seems steep). Has anyone performed the 'fuel guage module' swap before? How difficult is it?

Thanks again, John Noble

Reply to
John Noble