88 Camry warning light

This evening, during a death march through the New England snow storm (and turning to heavy rains), my BRAKE, CHARGE and LIGHTS warning lamps in the instrument cluster all lit up though we did make it the last 35 miles or so. What is this indicative of? There have been no malfunctions prior to this, in recent times. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Zipdisk

Sounds to me like an alternator issue.

-

-- Curtis Newton snipped-for-privacy@remove-me.akaMail.com

ICQ: 4899169

Reply to
Curtis Newton

I had this problem on my 1990 Camry when it would rain then the battery would die. Check your Alternator belt to make sure it is in good condition and not slipping. This sounds like your problem.

Reply to
Atlantic965

When that happened on the Cressida we owned, it was a sure sign the alternator had gone belly up.

Ed

Zipdisk wrote:

Reply to
C. E. White

Reply to
Zipdisk

It is a good chance all the water casued the alternator belt to slip - simulating a failed alternator. I'd check the belt and probably repalce it.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White