starting and fuel smells

I have a "93 trooper seems to have slow starting problems, turns over great when warm but seems to hesitate when cold and warm whats the problem. can smell fuel on ignition and a chirpping sound during aceleration..

Reply to
1shot

plugs, fuel filter, fuel pressure regulator, throttleplate, egr valve

check and replace as needed, my money is on the fuel pressure regulator

Reply to
Big Mama