1989 XJS values

I inherited a 1989 XJS coupe from my mother. She was the original owner and the car is perfect with 59000 miles. My question is will this car appreciate, being the last year before Ford bought the company? What would be a realistic price range. Thanks

Reply to
Catherine

I am in USA- Car was always serviced according to the owners booklet until my Mother stopped driving it 7 years ago- it has been garaged the entire time and occassionally started and driven a bit just to keep things circulating.

Richard Lichten

Reply to
Catherine

If you need the money sell it, if you dont and can keep it dry, keep it, you wont lose.

Reply to
old man

Reply to
Al Giazirra

5 grand. But so what? It's a great car. The V12 was a real classic and if you keep it carefully maintained it is a real dream to drive.

Paul

Reply to
Paul M. Cook

Catherine, A beautiful car, with a superb powerplant. An original owner car, garage kept, in perfect condition should fetch up to $12,000 US.

Check out the Hemmings site for currently for sale XJSs:

Your mother had great taste!

Reply to
Alan Strickland

I have an XJS 1986. It's a perfect example. 40,000 miles Black/Bis. Worth pretty much nothing. Just use the car. It is one of the sweetest car experiences you could have. Never again will there be a V-12 for the masses. Politically incorrect. Just enjoy it to the fullest. Take care of it,use it. It will never be collectible imho. Ride out on the last of the superb gasoline cars, enjoy, Adysthemic

Reply to
Adysthemic

Reply to
stuart8181