Rebuilt Transmission Reliability?

I had the transmission rebuilt on my 2000 TL last year and it's coming up to the end of it's extended warranty. I'm wondering if I should get rid of the
car. Has anyone had any issues with their rebuilt trannys or are they now bullet proof?
Thanks in advance.
Tony

Automatic or manual?
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

Was manual available on a 2000 TL? MZ

I dunno.
If an automatic, then the OP's question depends on whether the reman was aftermarket or if it came through an Acura dealership. And if aftermarket, who did the reman. OP has not said.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Who rebuilt it? How many miles on the car and how many on the transmission since it was rebuilt?
ads wrote:

Who did the rebuild? Factory part or something else?
ads wrote:

------------------------------------
It's Psychic Wednesday.
'Curly'
Sorry for not being specific enough. The engine is a 3.2 and the transmission is a 5 speed auto (the only way the car comes) and it was rebuilt at an Acura dealership at 50K miles last summer. I now have 60K miles. They said they reused the transmission casing and replaced all the insides.

No worries. The problem that led to the rebuild has been fixed.
It's highly unlikely the unit was rebuilt at the dealer. The procedure involved the core being sent out to a Honda-authorized repair center for remanufacturing.
Now, I'm assuming a _warranty_ rebuild here...
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Acura dealers don't rebuild transmissions, at least in Canada. They replace them with factory rebuilt units.
Ghislain .

Nowhere.
Factory _authorized_ rebuilts.
The remans are performed by local shops to Honda specs. And Honda is VERY stringent in their quality control and requirements. Very, VERY stringent.
Honda is, first and foremost, an engineering company.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Tegger wrote:

Thats good to know. My 2001 TL is currently having the original transmission replaced. Now at 78500km, the recall work was performed around 22000km but it still failed. It's all covered on the original recall warranty extension and I bought an extended warranty too that will expire next year. Been a perfect vehicle except for this. If the rebuilt transmission now means I don't have the issues then great.
I wonder how effective the oil jet kits added to the original transmissions really were? Was it expected that this would completely fix the issue and the original transmission would last as long as any other car as long as there was no preexisting damage when it was installed?
--
WARNING! Email address has been altered for spam resistance.
Mike Drechsler - SPAM PROTECTED EMAIL

They have a fudge-fix they can try first to see if that works. If not, the whole thing is then hauled out and replaced.

If you have a good relationship with your local dealer, the warranty will be unofficially extended.
Honda is mightily embarrassed by this problem. Unlike Toyota's sludge issue of a few years back, this one cannot be pinned on neglectful owners.

I don't know. I think that's the "fudge fix".

Apparently, yes. The jury is still out on that, though.