94 xjs v12. fuel failure 16 code

Hello everyone. I hope someone can help Im getting a fuel failure 16 code and it's driving me nuts. The dealer say's he thinks he "might know what it is". Which means he just wants to start replacing things untill he gets luck. If anyone can help I'd be eternally greatful. Plus Its would take some money out of a dealers hands., who dosen't want a little pay back LOL Thanks for any help Joe

Reply to
manzuuuu

Blake Dodson

Quite correct. I had the same problem with my Jag. On inspection of the electrical connection to the sensor, it appeared the contacts were badly corroded. After spraying with WD40 and scraping some of the rust away with a small screwdriver, there were no further problems.

Reply to
Ste