99 XK8 gas mileage going down

Does anyone have any suggestions for what I should do: over the last couple of months, my average mile per gallon has fallen from 18.5 to

16.4. What could be causing this?
Reply to
KarinXK8

Your right foot?

Reply to
Brian Jackson

Or on a more constructive reply ...... Assuming your car is not in desperate need of a service are you using your A/C a lot more over the last few months?

Reply to
Brian Jackson

Hi, I had this exact situation on my 99 XKR. The reason was the Lambda sensors as found at the emissions test (MOT in the UK), the engine still performs OK as the computer compensates. I believe there are 4 sensors, in my case only the Jag dealer could detect the one that has failed not the test centre.

In my case this occurred after the car stalled during a journey, I switched off and restarted and haven't had the problem since. The dealer changed the throttle body at the same time because of the stall as this was the reason for an early recall on this model. It was done for free possibly as I've always had the vehicle serviced by the dealer.

Best of luck. Howard

Reply to
Howard Clough