Battery

The battery in my 96 XJ6 VDP has cranked its last turn. Local Dallas Jag place wants $180 for a battery with the leaper on it, and sells an Interstate for 140. Interstate stores have the battery for 110 and finally Sears has one for 95. Any recommendations? Thanks

Reply to
Jon A.

As much as I hate saying this...Walmart is the place. 56$

Reply to
Blake Dodson

I recommend the Sears Gold Diehard battery. We put one in the 1991 Jaguar Vanden Plas and it worked great.

I discovered the merits of the battery when I had a 1968 loaded Cadillac Coupe Deville that had to have the cold cranking amps even on a spring day.

Reply to
Mark Mitchell

ugh. they are only going to last 3-5 year. don;t go crazy with prices. Exides or Diehards are good. I think walmarts are made by Johnson COntrols.... I have my own opinion on them , but keep your warranty info.

Reply to
ed

Blake Dodson

Walmart also has a 100% exchange warranty, not some weak pro-rate.

The best battery I know of is Ac/Delco...$$$

BTW.. I dispise Walmart, but have had wonderful service from the batteries.

Reply to
Blake Dodson

ony thing I can say on them and the products they have, is watch out for batteries that read good with no load, but fail under a load test. i.e. no cables attached, but battery reads 12.5 volts, then add a load and voltage drops below 6.

Reply to
ed

I've always had good luck with Delco; Sears are fine, but they usually expire long before the warranty ends to entice you to buy another, partially paid with warranty money. My Delcos normally outlasted their warranty. Just put one in my 89 XJ6, cost me about $110, I think; I installed it myself. But, hard to find a dealer these days, I had to order mine through a local auto repair shop. Delco website says you need an ACD49-60 (five-year) battery for your 96 VDP.

Reply to
WayneC

Hate to tell you this but a battery is a battery is a battery. They all have lead plates and acid in.

An Acme battery is the same as a Rolls Royce battery.

Go for the cheapest and if you really want a leaping cat sticker on it, have a look at ebay item 7948352801 which should do the job nicely.

Stu

Reply to
Stuart Adair