101 LPG'ing the Ambi.

I'm off shortly to view some LPG kit removed from a Jag. I'm hoping to be able to salvage sufficent parts (tank and solenoids) to make it a worth while purchase. I will be getting the set up commisioned by a local LPGa outfit before use. Can any one who has fitted a 110 litre tank on an Ambi in place of the battery box offer any pearls of wisdom for routing pipework or any observations of things they would do to make the installation / other vehicle maintainance simpler.

Mother I especially include you in this one :0)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Ta... Warren's on holiday, so i'll make something up...

Actually, it's an easy install. Pipework has plenty of space (lay it all out first and you'll see the logical, and thankfully easy route).

The BEST perl of wisdom is this...

The ring brackets (should be 4 of them) have sticky-outy bits where the bolt goes through to clamp them to the tank. Keep these sticky-outy out of the way - at the top, back of the tank or you'll be forever cursing the feckers every time you get underneath the sodding truck (I have scars)...

Reply to
Mother

That must be a technical term, you been reading books again :o)

Reply to
Graham G

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 15:03:41 +0100, Mother scribbled the following nonsense:

your cheque book having a breather then???!!!!!!!

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 14:44:31 +0100, "Lee_D" scribbled the following nonsense:

prolly fitting mine next week... ordered from Tinley Tech on Tuesday at 11am, arrived 12pm yesterday.... Full 120litre setup with all parts, piping, instructions, fancy gizmo to do something to the SU's when on gas, overnight delivery and VAT for £516.41...

Will let you all know how easy it is. SWMBO ordered it, and said they were helpful friendly and polite, which given SWMBO, is something!!

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

who do you think paid for the holiday?

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Did you witness the financial relationship I have with Warren whilst visiting Poggle Wood? Did you notice which way the money went?

This, you see, is symbiosis and synergy in action... :-)

Reply to
Mother

Who do you think pays his mortgage?

Reply to
Mother

That seems like a fairly reasonable price to me. I'd also get the ignition processor, which automagically fixes the advance/retard issues with petrol/lpg.

Reply to
Mother

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 21:05:53 +0100, Mother scribbled the following nonsense:

not opened the box yet, not allowed.... have to finish the cabinet making first so she get busy staining and varnish acres of wood.....

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Is this for inside the truck?

Reply to
Mother

I shall come round and visit once youve fitted it and see how its done :)

Reply to
Tom Woods

Definately interested to hear how this goes. And given the price I'm inclined not to follow up this local kit given it's second hand and no doubt short of the relevant clamps for the tank. (Was boot mounted)

Are you fitting it in place of the battery box and compressor tank?

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 21:18:36 +0100, Mother scribbled the following nonsense:

Yes, she wants storage space for trinkets and such like.......

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 21:47:21 +0100, "Lee_D" scribbled the following nonsense:

yes, most loigcal place to put it really.

Reply to
Simon Isaacs